- Offering Pre Med and MD programs.
- Excellent Leadership and Faculty.
- Accredited by CAAM-HP which is a requirement for all Caribbean Schools.
- Basic Sciences in Jamaica-1 hour from Florida, World famous destination, English speaking Caribbean island, No Visa hassles, Direct flights from major USA/UK cities, friendly people and Low cost living expenses.
- Clinical Rotations in USA/Canada/EUR/India and the Caribbean.
- No MCAT required.
- Low Tuition cost and Living Expenses
- Integrated Medicine Curriculum
- Problem Based Learning to achieve High Scores in USMLE
- Basic Sciences campus spread over 5 acres, 40,000 sqft built area that is comfortable for students to focus on studies Clinical Simulation rooms on Basic Sciences campus to train our students in Communication Skills.
- Wi-Fi and State-of-the-art Library on campus.
- On campus accommodation.
- On campus-recreational facilities, Swimming pool, Tennis & Basket Ball court, Gym.
Associate Degree in Health Sciences (Pre Med Program)
AAIMS offers a 4 semester (16 month) Pre Med Program for High School graduates to fulfill requisites for entering into MD program. Once students complete the program successfully, they are transferred to AAIMS 4 year MD program. Students are awarded “Associate Degree in Health Sciences” after graduating from Pre Med program and Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree after graduating from 4 year MD program.
This track is ideal for highly motivated graduating High School students who are committed to study medicine and are ready to begin their medical studies immediately after completing high school. It is also the path for non-traditional students who need to complete prerequisite courses before being accepted to the AAIMS MD program.
To ensure a successful academic career at the All American Institute of Medical Sciences and to correlate with licensure guidelines, please complete the following prerequisites.
All applicants applying for 4 year MD Program are required to have completed at least 2 academic years and 90 credit hours of undergraduate studies including the following subjects:
- English (6 credit hours).
- Biology (8 credit hours).
- General Chemistry (8 credit hours).
- Organic Chemistry (8 credit hours).
- Physics (8 credit hours).
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOFEL): 231/ International English Language testing System (IELTS): 6.0 (except for students from USA, UK, Canadian and other English Speaking countries). This requirement may be waived based on students other credentials.
- Medical College Admission Test (MCAT): This requirement is not mandatory but you will be given preference if you have MCAT scores.
Students who do not fulfill the above pre-requisites can get admission into the Pre-med program at AAIMS to complete the requirements.
|Step – 1|
|Complete Application Form|
|Step – 2|
|Sign and date the last page of the application.|
|Step – 3|
|Attach below documents along with your application: Application fee of US$75.00 by check or bank draft payable to “All American Institute of Medical Sciences”. 6 passport size photo graphs. Two Letters of Recommendation Official / Notarized copies of transcripts. A Personal Statement outlining your interest in medicine, goal and the personal attributes which qualify you to be a physician.|
|Step – 4|
|Mail the application package by Courier/ Postal service to below address: Attn: Admissions Department
All American Institute of Medical Sciences
66 High Street, Black River, St. Elizabeth Parish
Jamaica, West Indies Tel: 1 876 634 4068 Fax: 1 876 634 4109
|Step – 5|
|Shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview (phone or personal)|
|Step – 6|
|Acceptance letters mailed out to selected applicants|
|Step – 7|
|A $1,000 seat deposit required to secure your seat upon acceptance at AAIMS, for the applied enrollment semester/date. This seat deposit is non-refundable but is applied toward your 1st semester tuition.|
|Step – 8|
|Complete Accommodation Form and submit it to Student Services|
mbbs in jamaica fee structure Information
Following is the Fee Schedule and Budget projected as of January 01, 2011 for all incoming students and is subject to change at any time:
|Fee||1styear||2nd year||3rd year||4th year||5th year||Internship 12months|
|Yearly Recurring charges||800$||800$||800$||800$||800$||NA|
|Application process fee||2500$||NA||NA||NA||NA||NA|
|Hostel Fee With Food||4800$||4800$||4800$||4800$||4800$||NA|
|Total Tuition fee in 5 Years||49500 USD 3960000INR||NA|
NOTE: IN INTERNSHIP JAMAICA GOVERNMENT WILL PAY 2500 USD/MONTH AS STIPEND.-
- Application fee, processing and Administrative Fees -payable one time along with application and non-refundable. This fee also includes AAIMS White Coat, AAIMS T-Shirt, pick up from airport to campus in Jamaica, Student ID Card, Immigration and Student Permit fees during their stay in Jamaica.
- Items included in the fee structure: Lab fees, Library Fees, Health Insurance in Jamaica, Student Guild membership fee.
- Tuition includes Clinical rotations tuition completed in Jamaica. Additional cost difference to be paid for completing clinical rotations in the USA at prevailing rate.
- USA Visa, USMLE Applications fees and are responsibility of the student
- Malpractice insurance during Clinical Rotations is responsibility of the Student
- USMLE STEP 1 STEP 2 will be cleared in duration of the course
- placement will be provided after completing clinical license exam with minimum salary 5000 USD/Month.
The Following fees are non-refundable:
- Application Fee
- Seat Reservation Fee
Refunds of tuition will be determined by the Accounting Department as follows:
- First week of class – 90% refund.
- Second week of class – 60% refund.
- Third week of class – 50% refund.
- Beyond the 3rd week – No refund.
School of Medicine
Jamaica is largest English Speaking Island of the Caribbean Islands (West Indies)
Population of 2.8 million (2 crore 80 lakhs-world’s 139th most populous country).
Area- 10,990 square kilometres (4,240 sq mi).
Currency- 1 US dollar = 125 Jamaican Dollar or 100 INR = 190 Jamaican Dollar. This makes living costs lower and affordable to foreign students.
Indian population in Jamaica about 75,000. Indian Temples, Indian Doctors practicing from many years, Indian grocery stores, Indian Business people.
Other islands: (just for comparison for you)
Curacao-Dutch speaking- population of 1 lakh 50 thousand- area 444 km2 (171 sq mi)- Avalon, St. Martinus University and Caribbean Medical University
(Currency- 1 US dollar=1.79 Antillean Guilder or 100 INR = 2.70 Antillean Guilder)
Barbados- population of 2 lakh 70 thousand –area 432 km2 (167 sq mi)- American University of Barbados.
(Currency- 1 US dollar=2 Barbadian Dollar or 100 INR = 3 Barbadian Dollars)
Belize- population of 3 lakh 32 thousand
(Currency- 1 US dollar=2 Belize Dollar or 100 INR = 3 Belize Dollars)
Jamaica is world famous tourist destination (with about 2.2 million visitors a year from all over the world) with top class resorts and 5 star hotels.
Jamaica is a Common Wealth Country like India. Good bilateral relations between Jamaica and India.
Closer to USA (1 hr flying distance), two International Airports (Montego Bay and Kingston) connecting all over the world.
USA Embassy present in Jamaica.
AAIMS is the only private medical college in Jamaica. And this Founded and established by a Telugu person. The other medical college is Govt College University of West Indies established 50 years ago.
AAIMS mission-To coordinate resources necessary to deliver excellent medical education leading to generating physicians that will serve the community, and to form lifelong learners committed to excellence, faith, leadership and service.
Accreditations- list is there on your brochure that you prepared.
Jamaica is Educational Hub of the Caribbean Islands (universities like University of West Indies, University of Technology, and Northern Caribbean University to name a few). Several international students come to Jamaica for Education.
Jamaica is sports hub of the Caribbean Islands – some of the I conics include Usain Bolt and several other male and female athletes. Cricketers –Chris Gayle, Courtney Walsh, Jimmy Adams,
AAIMS will make sure each graduate becomes a practicing doctor (by clearing USMLE Steps and ECFMG certification). Intensive USMLE training program in Medical program from Day 1. Our graduates are eligible to practice in Jamaica. Current 85% USMLE pass rate in first attempt with scores from 82 percentile to 99 Percentile.
Campus is located in Black River (1 hr from Montego Bay). Spread over 5 acres. Peaceful location and good for academic learning with Library on campus. Complete Audio Visual equipment in class and Cadaver in Anatomy lab.
Black River is located in Saint Elizabeth Parish (District) and with almost zero crime rate.
Campus has 24/7 security guards and CCTV cameras.
Clinic on campus for immediate attention/first aid for students and for training students in a simulated environment with mock patients during basic sciences that will help students to achieve high scores
On campus dorms, café-serving Indian food, swimming pool, Lawn Tennis court and other recreational activities. Wi-Fi on campus.
Banks and Supermarket walkable to campus (25 meters-30 meters distance).
Tertiary Care Hospitals for emergency treatment. Hospital 50 meters
AAIMS is the first to establish Integrated Medicine Curriculum in the Caribbean islands (systemic wise – like Respiratory System when taught- faculty teaches Embryology, Histology, Physiology, Pharmacology, Pathology and Microbiology of the Lungs simultaneously and also does Problem Based Learning and Tutorials. And not subject wise teaching curriculum) that is currently following by most of the top USA medical schools. This will help to achieve high scores in the USMLE (United States Medical Licensure Examinations- pass in Step 1, Step 2CK and Step 2CS to graduate and receive MD degree from AAIMS- which will lead graduates to get ECFMG certified (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates).
Problem based learning and small group tutorials (where students presents different cases during basic sciences- that will help students not only help in learning medicine but also develop presentation skills from first semester semesters and before they enter to clinical sciences-rotations). Our students not only gain medical knowledge but are developed in Communication, Ethical and Personal Skills that will help them to become holistic doctors.
AAIMS has affiliations with teaching hospitals in the USA for clinical rotations (year 4 &5)- in Baltimore, Washington DC, Chicago, Atlanta.
AAIMS offers clinical rotations to students, this, as the school signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the Ministry of Health, Jamaica-access to hospitals with a total of approx 750 beds.
Indian Grocery stores (including 2 operated by Telugu owners)